Fire, on Tuesday, gutted a three-story building at Nkpor, near Onitsha, in the Idemili Local Government Area of Anambra State.
The fire, it was gathered, began from the last floor of the building located near a hospital.
A resident of the area told our correspondent that the inferno was caused by a power surge.
“No death was recorded in the incident, but property worth millions of naira was damaged. The fire was caused by a power surge,” the source said.
The Chief Firefighter in the state, Martin Agbili, who confirmed the incident, stated that no life was lost.
He said his men were on the ground to extinguish the fire and prevent it from spreading to other floors.
“The fire caused by a power surge was immediately contained by my men when they got to the scene.