Prince Charles did not ‘cut off’ by Harry’s funds – Report

0
55

Prince Charles did not ‘cut off’ by Harry complaining about the money tap being turned off

Prince Charles did not ‘cut off’ Prince Harry’s funding when he left ‘The Firm’ with Meghan Markle last year, reports have claimed.

During the tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey, the Duke of Sussex said he made deals with Netflix and Spotify as he ‘had to afford security for his wife and son.

“My family literally cut me off financially,” he told Oprah.

READ ALSO: Queen Elizabeth II saddened by royal revelations as White House commends Meghan for speaking out on mental health

This was rejected by an ally of Charles, who said he feels ‘let down’ by the claim, insisting he supported the duke and duchess ‘more than he would care to say.

“For Harry to say he feels “let down” seems a little rich when you consider what he has done,” the source told The Standard.

“The Duke of Sussex continues to say he respects his grandmother, but he has ridden roughshod over the institution she represents.”

One of the most damaging accusations to emerge from the couple’s interview was how a royal family member allegedly made a racist comment about their unborn child’s skin colour.

Buckingham Palace released a statement yesterday, saying the issues raised, especially over race, were concerning and would be addressed by the royal family privately.

The royal family said it was taking every seriously’ Harry and Meghan’s shocking allegations of racism and a lack of support, despite ‘some recollections’ among royals varying.

The Queen has taken the first step in healing divisions after the couple’s interview was aired to UK audiences on Monday by publicly acknowledging the ‘challenging’ period they experienced when they were working royals.

It appears the family is at odds over the version of some events described by the Sussexes, but the sympathetic tone of the Palace statement suggests a reconciliation through dialogue in private is the aim.

The highly-anticipated palace statement issued on behalf of the Queen also mentioned the Sussexes and their son by their first names and not titles.

The statement said: “The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.

“The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. Whilst some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately. “Harry, Meghan, and Archie will always be much-loved family members.”

The palace statement will be an attempt to draw a line under a series of bombshell claims made by the Sussexes that have thrown the monarchy into a crisis that threatens to damage its reputation around the world.

There was mounting criticism about the picture painted by Harry and Meghan of an uncaring and racist institution that failed to support the couple, especially as the duchess struggled with her mental health.

Plagued by suicidal thoughts, Meghan received no help from the monarchy after approaching staff even the human resources department.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here