Tragedy struck in Sanmora town in Irepodun local government area of Kwara State on Wednesday as four members of the same family were killed by fume from a generating set.
The incident reportedly involved a man, his two wives and a child.
According to a family source, the victims had slept on Tuesday night leaving their generating set on inside the house.
“We discovered their lifeless bodies early this morning; the head of the house, his two wives and one of his children were all dead.
“Two of the unconscious family members have been rushed to the hospital. Although they’re both in critical conditions, it is our prayer they survive,” the source added.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the Kwara State Police Command, Ajayi Okasanmi, confirmed the incident.
Okasanmi said that the incident involved four members of the same family, adding that two other members of the family were recuperating in the hospital.