Youths protest at Plateau House of Assembly over impeachment of Honourable Abok Nuhu (Videos)
A group of lawmakers loyal to the supposedly impeached Speaker of the Plateau State House of Assembly, Honourable Abok Nuhu Ayuba, gained access to the Assembly complex, as early as 6:00 am on Monday.
Youths were also seen around the Complex protesting the illegal removal of the former House Speaker, demanding the reversal.
The youths were carrying placards bearing inscriptions in support of the impeached speaker.
Honourable Ayuba was impeached Thursday 28 October after a vote of no confidence by a few members of the Assembly at the plenary was passed.
He was immediately replaced by Rt. Honourable Yakubu Sanda representing Pengana constituency of Bassa Local Government Area (LGA).
The lawmakers expressed dissatisfaction on how the “unlawful impeachment” was carried out and appealed to the President of Nigeria and well-meaning Nigerians to intervene on the matter.
Below is the list of lawmakers who attended the meeting at the Complex:
- Rt. Honourable Abok Nuhu Ayuba – Jos East
- Honourable Philip Dasun – Pankshin North
- Honourable Henry Longs – Pankshin South
- Honourable Peter Gyendeng – Barkin Ladi
- Honourable Timothy Dantong – Riyom
- Honourable Bala Fwangje – Mangu South
- Honourable Nanbol Listick – Langtang North Central
- Honourable Pirfa Tyem – Langtang North North
- Honourable Sohchang Zingtim – Langtang South
- Honourable Dalyop Fom – Jos South
- Honourable Musa Agah – Rukuba/Irigwe.